Friday, January 2, 2009

The New Year

As I kinda welcomed the New Year without Lee, yet again cause of work, I have mixed emotions.
My reviews of 2008:

Work

Still at Shopko or some of us workers call it.."the 'Ko". Go to know a few more people and was sadden at some of my fav ppl who quit, got fired, or just got another job. One of the main memories of work and my fav person was during the summertime when the GM manager saw that I was only scheduled to work one day as cashier, scheduled me 3 more days for Lawn and Garden and from then one I had full time hours working outside in the sun! He was one of my fav managers of all time! And of course gearing up for the different sales was always fun. And finally we come to "black friday" which went well and quick but left me in the beginning stages of not really getting into the holiday spirit, which is a retail curse I suppose. But the good news is that some of the holiday help is staying and they are good people.

Friends

I think I have wonderful friends!! In real life and online. I made a few more internet friends thru my blogs, LJ, Myspace, Gaia, Plurk and Facebook. I even got connected to friends from High School! Man that seems like a long time..and what is interesting is that a few of my "friends" all share the same blogs as me! One of my friends share all of my blogs with me!
In the coming year, I am really excited about having one of online friends coming to visit me from Belguim! She is one of rare ones that I send packages to during the holidays.
And of course I have to mention my neighbor, Dusty, bless his heart, when everytime it snows, travels to his brother;s house and borrows the snowblower, comes home and blows not only his driveway but ours as well! He is an absolute godsend! I would marry him if he wasn't married with 3 wonderful kids!

Family

Family life is okay on my end..my sister moves from Puyallup (which was a short and easy travel) to McMinnville, Or. (which is a longer and not enough bathrooms on the road) Her house is nice enough and it's a qauint and quiet little township. My parents are still in the same house since the 70's even though they did buy a house in Spanaway which they rented out and eventually had to sell cause of my dad. He had since around dec 2007 was diagnosis with Lymphoma ( the non hodgins kind) and had to go on a break from his job so he can do his chemo treatments and go to his dr.'s appointments. He was finally able to go back to work this year after the dr. told him that it was okay to go back.
The inlaws are okay for the most part. I think I am lucky to have good in-laws except for one "aunt" who I really don't know what to do sometimes.

My life

So far my life has been okay..with the exceptions of worring about my dad, not being in the holiday spirit cause I see how much ppl spend on gift, and the stress I feel everytime it snows. Normally I love snow and watching it fall, but this year is different. It was gotten to the point where both Lee and I are constantly looking out the window to see if it is snowing, how the roads are and if theyhave been plowed yet. My stress with the snow comes from if I see it snowing, I expect it will be 6-8 inches and I can't leave my house or go to work.
I consider myself a boring person..my life consists of emails, blogs, work, and watching my fav programs (LOST, Top Chef, etc.) but I feel bad that I haven't played on my Wii in such a long time! Not even the Wii fit! (although Lee and I did Wii bowling today)

Hubby and the cats (yes, in that order)

I am so super lucky to have Lee in my life. He is such a wonderful man and he thinks I have all the answers! (it's a blessing and a curse!!) He is a good provider, worries when I am out and about by myself, funny and always knows what to do and say to get cheer me up or "talk me down". I really don't know what I would do it something should happen.. I know I couldn't provide for myself on my little Shopko check.
The cats..well, what can you say about my cats? I love them to death and I really love getting to know their little behaviours. I love the fact that they always want to be in the same room as me or Lee and will follow you from room to room if need be. I would love to take more pics of them to post but they never stand still to get the perfect pose!

okay..I think that covered my thoughts on 2008..

2009

Please, oh please don't let it snow again!! Not like before and not alot of wet snow to damage roofs and whatnots. I hope this year will go slower than last year and I know it will bring my friend, who even though we have emailed and we know what we each look like, have never talk on the phone or met in person, so it will be interesting when we meet. I just hope I can make a good impression on her and are able to be a good hostess.
I think I will probably still be with ShopKo and Lee with Rosauers. And we may or maynot depending on the money, be going to Hawaii with my sister, her hubby and my folks. And their is talks about going to Okinawa next year before my mom gets to old to travel. But Okinawa is really, really expensive. Just the plane tickets alone are really expensive. But we will see what happens this year and next year.
I hope good things happen when you least expect them!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hi Colleen!

I was excited to see you have a blog, I read a little and will read the rest tomorrow after work!