Tuesday, March 31, 2009

posting an update on me

have been wanting to post for awhile now but things have gotten in the way of me posting..One is Facebook and the many apps I have to take care and keep updating (it's alot!) and I discovered Zelda and have been playing Zelda ocarina of time on my wii. I have gotten stuck on a very hard boss and beat all the other bosses save the main dude at the end which you need to beat ALL bosses to get to. I have asked around my work to see if anyone had a wii and played Zelda for me to bribe to beat the one boss for me. Amazing enough, several ppl have played Zelda but not in a long time and one guy who LOVES Zelda and was willing to beat the guy for me, doesn't have a Wii! SO I did something that I never thought I would do..downloaded a "save" from someone else and moved it to my Wii..now I can try and beat the main guy at the end..I feel kinda weird doing it this way..since I would have like to beat the whole game on my own..now on to the things I really want to post about, there are some thngs on the homefront that has happened that is taking the majority of my thought process..two being family members (hubby's side) that things have come up. Number one of the main concern is NaNaw (hubby's grandma) had a stroke a couple of weeks ago, went to the hosital for observation with some memory issues- she talked about her mother being alive, her husband as dead and living somewhere in Ca. She was moved to a rehab hospital under direct supervision..one of the aunts came up- not the crazy one- to stay with Nanaw and visit with her every day which we thought was good for Nanaw. She was finally able to go back home to maybe being in familiar surroundings would help with her memories..but we both the aunts, the crazy one included, are causing problems. It seems that they are angry cause Nanaw had gave the Power of attorney to my FIL when she was in her "right" mind, knowing what would happen if somethng happened to her..my FIL has Nanaw's checkbook sa he could pay the bills for her and give a check to the aunts to do grocery shopping. Both the Aunts are with the grandparents 24/7 and are convincing her that she is okay and that she should have her checkbook back. They are filling her hate towards my FIL, step mother in law, and I think my hubby now ( hubby used to go ever and help the crazy aunt with stuff around the house and listen to her "propaganda" stuff..he stopped doing awhile ago..and she is upset) I have alot of concern with Nanaw and what she is thinking now..Number two thing is we found out that hubby's youngest sister, S. have breast cancer and is going through chemo sessions now. Long story short..she is the one who was a meth addict had her two younger kids taken away by CPS- one being my nephew who my FIL had fostered and adopted him and we usually have him a weekend a year while the inlaws go to a family reunion, the other one a girl who through open adoption got into a couple who has been trying to have a baby for a long time. We got to know this couple and the nephew and his half- sister loves each other and enjoy each other's company. S. is now a recovering addict and what we hear from hubby's other sister, M., is doing well and trying to back on her feet. S. had only communicated to M. via cell phone or txting when she could afford it. She has a computer so we are hoping we could talk with via emails and hopefully get a relationship going..And some concerns with work..it being slower than usual at this time of year..I am used to seeing alot candy, easter baskets and toys going through.. ppl are not shopping like they are used to..I am noticing the only ones who are buying are the seniors on the fixed income, those on welfare, and the lower income families who are spending their tax refunds. They have also been cutting down on hours and having 9 full time workers now have to be on part time.. I know it is bad everywhere and I am hoping that things will be better soon, I hope.

1 comment:

Christy Ivory said...

Hey girl!!! So sorry to hear about your hubby's grandma. That's to bad. It's never easy seeing our grandparent's get old. So sad to hear about this.
How have you been?? Cool about Zelda. Jake and Katie just got Lego Star wars. They want to play it so bad, but mom is a little meanie. They can only play it on Fri. But when they do play it they love it.
Well, Let's talk soon. Come over next week.. Let's watch a movie or something. Oh....about my private blog, not happening yet. I'll let you know.